Learn the white screen virus removal guide to get rid of White Screen virus easily. The white screen virus is a ransomware that locks your computer and doesn’t allow you to do anything after login. Once infected, you will only see the mouse cursor on a white screen after startup. The white screen virus shows a webpage covering your desktop and it will demand a payment for the possession of illicit material. In some cases, this Trojan cannot detect the location, so you’ll get a white screen after login. Once it is installed in your computer, the White Screen virus shows a notification which acts like it is from a law enforcement agency that claims that your computer has been blocked due to it being involved with the distribution of pornographic material and copyrighted files.
This infection gets into your computer system through malicious websites, exploit kits on adult sites or legitimate websites that have been hacked. If somehow it gets installed, the affects will start automatically when you login to your computer and it will display a white screen so that you are unable to access your computer.
It may also infect your computer through spam emails that contain its installation file as attachments or links to risky websites. The threat may also be downloaded manually by tricking the user into thinking they are installing a useful piece of software.
This virus also has the ability to access your webcam, which might scare the users by making it seem like more authentic. So don’t get tensed seeing its convincing design or heavy texts.
How to Clear out White Screen virus using System Restore
System Restore undoes all the changes you’ve made in your computer’s system to an earlier point in time. It doesn’t affect your personal files such as e‑mail, documents, photos etc.
- First, reboot (restart) your computer. While it is starting gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you see the Advanced Boot Options.
- In the Advanced Boot Options screen go to the Safe Mode with Command Prompt menu using the arrow keys and then press ENTER.
- Type rstrui.exe at the command prompt window and then press ENTER.For Windows XP, type C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and then Enter.
- When system restore is started, a list of restore points will be shown. Now choose a restore point that has the date and time before your computer was infected.
- After System Restore is completed, restart your computer in normal Windows mode. Now perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as shown in next method of removing White Screen virus.
How to Clear out White Screen Virus Removal tool download using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from here and then open the mbam-setup.exe file to install this program.
- When the installation starts, keep following the prompts to continue with the setup process, then at the last screen click on Finish.
- After opening this software click on the scanner tab, then select Perform quick scan and then click the Scan button.
- Malwarebytes will now start searching for the malicious files along with White Screen virus infection files.
- When the scan is finished, click on the Show Results button.
- Now you will be shown the list of all the malware that the program has found. Mark every infected files then click on the Remove Selected button. After the clean up, MBAM might ask you to reboot your computer. If asked please restart your computer to complete the task.
Now your computer should free of the White Screen virus after following our white screen virus removal guide.
Tags: White Screen Virus Removal Guide, vista, windows vista, regedit, tool download, windows 8, windows xp, manual removal, without safe mode, command prompt, software.