Looking for the solution for How To Remove Trovigo on Google Chrome? Our easy to follow guide will lead you to solve this problem easily. Trovigo.com is a search engine but it is a potentially unwanted and an annoying program to the users. Once you have it installed, you may get a lot of changes on your computer. Like your homepage will be changed along with your default search engine and you will get your DNS redirected to search.trovigo.com. It is actually a plug-in that is integrated to all your browsers. This plug-in can change any setting as it want. As example- whenever you change your homepage to google.com, the trovigo.com plug-in will set it to trovigo.com again. This is because it is installed as an IE add-on so it can change any setting as it wants. Here, we are showing a solution to fix this issue manually, without using any extra software.
Trovigo.com sneaks into computer with other software packages. It gets installed silently in the background while downloading or installing some other software from Internet. Some types of websites add their sponsored ad-wares with the installer and it works in the background silently. So please be careful about these types of sites.
Removing trovigo is not a hard thing to do. You can do it using applications that remove adware and so on. But here we are showing the manual way of removing trovigo. At first you need to remove any unnecessary and unwanted apps from your computer that might be related to trovigo.
How To Remove Trovigo on Google Chrome Easily?
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon in very top right corner, then click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- In this page you will find an option “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on “Set Pages”. Delete all the URLs and then enter only one address you want to use.`
- Then click on Show Home button from the Appearance tab. Click ‘Change’ to change Trovigo.com to a legit URL, like google.com. Or you can click on the On Startup option to set a specific page as your home page.
- Then go to Tools from Option and click on Extensions. Then uninstall all trovigo.com related add-ons or extensions.
- Click on the ‘Manage search engines’ button from Search tab, select ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine, and remove Trovigo.com from the list.
- Close Google Chrome, right-click on your Chrome shortcut icon and then click on Properties.
In the shortcut tab, remove the URL, “http://www.trovigo.com/” from the Target box, click Apply and then click OK to save the change.
How to Stay Safe from these types of disturbing ads
To stay safe from these types of Ad-wares like trovigo you have to be careful on some points. Like,
- Do not download software from 3rd party downloading websites, only download and install software from trusted websites.
- Be careful not click on any unwanted check mark while downloading and installing any software.
- Do not open or visit any spam or scam links.
- Remove all unnecessary and unwanted apps from your PC.